I own and use multiple Panic products (Code and Transmit). Panic sent out an email that is instructive if you are looking for effective customer communication techniques.
- Clear why I am getting this email: ”You signed up for our list via Coda”
- Empathy: ”we’ll write at most a few times a year, and only for big news. No minor updates. We know your Inbox is crowded.”
- Call to Action: The button entitled “Unsubscribe from eList” is embedded prominently in the email. I don’t feel like they are trying to sneak anything by me.
- Short and Sweet: See for yourself.
- Formatted for PC & Mobile: Most of my email consumption is happening on my iPhone and they nailed it.
- Simple graphics: No big and splashy images, just some elegant graphical accents.